Friday, February 20, 2009

just a catch up.....

Well, I guess it has been a little over a week since I've been on here. We have been super busywith Gabe's school, getting things ready for Ava, Tom getting ready for a work trip, and just house stuff in general.

Gabe is doing great in preschool. He starts to fuss in them ornings when I drop him off, but has stopped before I even leave the room. You can really tell a difference in his communication and vocabulary just in the last month. His art work is getting really good too. His only issie the last couple of days is not wanting to take a nap...I am definitely not ready to give up nap times!! :(

The nursery is 99.9% done and is just waiting on the hot pink chandelier to be rewired and hung. I can't wait!!! Gabe loves playing in their too. He rolls around on her soft rug and makes me hang out in the rocking chair. Works for me. :)

We had a nice valentine's day weekend. The weather was on the crappy side so we just hung out at home and did the family thing. Tom got me some gorgeous roses and tulips that made my table look gorgeous!

We have the painter scheduled for next week to finally get rid of the smurf blue house we bought 2 years ago.(WOW.... two years already!) I can't wait to have it all painted. It is gonna feel like a whole new house.

I've been officially told to take it easy by the Dr.(easier said than done with Gabe running around). So, I guess no more projects for me around the house. It is already driving me nuts. I have some many littlw things I wanna get done before Ava gets here and now I guess they have to wait a while.

Something great....I think I finally figured out the secret to potty training with Gabe. He decided he wanted to wear his cool boxer brief underwear today. He had one accident and I told him one more and he couldn't wear them. Well, no more accidents all morning. He gets all excited when he has to go to the bathroom and bolts for his potty. Lets see if we can keep it going and only have to use pull ups for naps and night time. Thank goodness for some progress.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Gabe and I might venture down to the Mardi Gras parade in the morning for a little sunshine. I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures to share if so.

No comments:

Post a Comment